Research Associate I – Cancer Biology
A full-time Research Associate position is available immediately with the Cancer Biology team. The Research Associate will report to the Project Leader in Cancer Biology and will work with scientific staff focused on oncology target validation and mechanism of action studies for lead oncology compounds.
- Perform in vitro assays for cancer-relevant endpoints (apoptosis, proliferation) and other studies focused on small molecule screening for oncology drug development
- Manage day to day operations in laboratory setting including making buffers, medias, and maintaining stock solutions
- Troubleshoot, optimize, and develop methods for unmet experimental needs
- Maintain laboratory records and notebook, organize and compile data, and write and present reports on results
- Requires a BS in biology, biochemistry, or a related field and 1-3 years of laboratory experience is required. Experience in the pharmaceutical industry setting is a plus.
- Laboratory skills in mammalian cell culture and common molecular techniques are essential including PCR, western blotting, and ELISAs. Experience in mid- and high-throughput assays is preferred.
- A highly motivated individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment and demonstrate attention to detail and record keeping.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, GraphPad Prism, and PowerPoint is needed for preparation of reports to management.
Contact: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org