Research Associate I – Discovery Metabolomics
Reporting to the Discovery Metabolomics Scientist, the incumbent will assist in metabolomics analysis using liquid-chromatography and mass spectrometry (LC/MS) platforms. The candidate will help further BERG’s drug discovery efforts through cross-disciplinary research.
- Assist in the design, preparation and execution of LC/MS-based Metabolomics analysis for internal research teams.
- Maintain mammalian cell cultures to be used in Metabolomics experiments, including steady-state and kinetic isotope-labeling techniques.
- Operate and maintain both chromatography and mass spectrometry equipment.
- Multitask and organize efforts across many research areas including: Oncology, diabetes, neurology and inflammation.
- Analysis, interpretation and presentation of results to research teams.
- Assist in the development of cutting-edge analytical capabilities.
- Requires a BS in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, or a related field with 0-2 years of experience in the mass spectrometric analysis of lipids and/or metabolites is desirable, but not required.
- Must possess knowledge of basic principles of analytical chemistry and separation science
- Working knowledge of maintaining mammalian cell cultures
- A broad understanding of metabolomics applications and systems biology is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with a proven track record of technical and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Send resume to email@example.com